Help request - Blown highlights with my E-P5

Started Aug 17, 2014 | Discussions thread
Anders W Forum Pro • Posts: 21,468
Re: Good catch ...

veroman wrote:

Anders W wrote:

So what are you trying to say? That the two pieces of advice I offered (one of which quoted above, the other being that of going by the highlights only as long as the DR is not extreme) aren't simple or proper?

Of course not. I'm not "trying" to say anything. I'm showing the OP that his E-P5 is quite capable of handling highlights and that my own particular way of handling them seems to work well. The OP just needs to improve on his own technique. Can't understand why you took my post so personally.

I am not taking anything particularly personally. But a) you replied to a post of mine rather than one of the OP, b) that post was one in which I took partial issue with the technique you recommended and c) you quoted some text of mine in your response. This, I think, explains very well why I found reason to think you were trying to tell something and telling me that something.

Anders W's gear list:Anders W's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +28 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
yyr
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow