Help request - Blown highlights with my E-P5

Started Aug 17, 2014 | Discussions thread
Anders W Forum Pro • Posts: 21,468
Re: Good catch ...

veroman wrote:

Anders W wrote:

Of course, if you encounter a scene with extremely high dynamic range, you may have to compromise or choose another strategy. One possibility is to bracket exposure and then select the best compromise in PP. Another is to stack multiple exposures using software for HDR or exposure blending.

This is an example of a single exposure using the red/blue blinkies and the histogram as my primary guides ... although with simple, proper technique!

So what are you trying to say? That the two pieces of advice I offered (one of which quoted above, the other being that of going by the highlights only as long as the DR is not extreme) aren't simple or proper?

First shot is the raw file, no adjustments at all. Second shot is the P/P version. This would be a difficult shot even for a full frame camera. I think the E-P5 handled it nicely.

-- hide signature --

'When love and skill work together, expect a masterpiece.'
— Found in a Chinese Fortune Cookie

Anders W's gear list:Anders W's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +28 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow