Paper Problems with a New Canon Pixma Pro-100

Started Aug 16, 2014 | Discussions thread
Bob Petruzzelli
Bob Petruzzelli Regular Member • Posts: 156
Re: Paper Problems with a New Canon Pixma Pro-100

Hi,

Since you were on the phone with Canon, it is difficult to think of what the problem might be. But, I'm going to mention a couple of things that come to my mind regarding the printing problem you have.

I've printed from both Lightroom and Photoshop to my Canon Pixma Pro 100. I find that there are two distinct places that I need to set up for. One is in the Photoshop program and the other is in the actual printer driver. In Photoshop when you select Printer Setup you should look in "Print Settings" which will bring up the printer driver settings dialog. In the "Page Setup" tab of the dialog box you might want to check on the "Page Size" box.

Also as an aside if you want Photoshop to handle your color management you should check settings on the "Main" tab of the printer properties dialog box. For Print Quality you would select Custom and move the slider all the way over to "Fine" or "1". For Color/Intensity you would set "Manual" and in the sub dialog box (select the "Set" button) you want to insure that all settings are zeroed out.

In the Photoshop dialog box select color handling as you stated you did, let Photoshop Manage Colors and if you have a printer profile you should set it here.. I profile my own paper using DataColor profiling software so I have custom profiles. You might be using the built in profiles.

With these settings I print just as I'd expect it to...

Regards,

-- hide signature --

Bob

Also, I tried to embed some screen shots for you, but the site wouldn't upload them...

Bob Petruzzelli's gear list:Bob Petruzzelli's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M1 II Olympus E-M1 III Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm F4-5.6 R +11 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow