Ideas on where to get rid of darkroom equipment

Started Aug 13, 2014 | Discussions thread
Chris Malcolm Senior Member • Posts: 1,890
Re: Ideas on where to get rid of darkroom equipment

bigcabdaddy wrote:

Hi folks,

First off, I'm new here and hope I'm not breaking any rules. I'm truly not meaning to post this as an ad. But I'm at a loss on what to do with all my darkroom equipment. At long last it's time to get rid of it after letting it collect dust since I fully switched over to digital. It's not low end stuff either: Leica lenses, Durst medium format (and 35mm) enlargers, Jobo processor with a ton of drums. What's my best bet? I have a hard time believing it would go on craigslist -- I'm in a town of only 150,000. Shipping would be a nightmare if I went through eBay. My son even suggested I just trash it, but that would just rip my heart out.

The better modern cameras become the more important it becomes for art photographers to produce their images using difficult and obscure methods you can't buy in the High Street shops.

I gave my darkroom stuff to a young starry eyed photography student who was convinced that nasty modern digital stuff could never capture the subtle mysteries of analogue alchemical photography. He was delighted.

-- hide signature --

Chris Malcolm

Chris Malcolm's gear list:Chris Malcolm's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A550 Sony SLT-A77 Sony 50mm F1.4 Sony DT 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 Sony 500mm F8 Reflex +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow