FZ1000 HDR Experience, "Tricks" & Samples

Started Aug 14, 2014 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Geir Ove Veteran Member • Posts: 3,098
FZ1000 HDR Experience, "Tricks" & Samples

Hello,

First the samples: First Photo is Single Shot, Second Sample is HDR: All in all 4 pairs = 8 photos.

All photos are SOOC, no post-processing!

HDRs created by the camera has a Quality (sharpness) tradeoff. However, I soon discovered that this tradeoff sometimes was high, sometimes low (Sharpnes of HDR almost same as the Single Shot). All HDRs are Freehand!

What gives? Well, I had the Shutter Type set to Auto: Sometimes the Camera chose Mechanical Shutter, sometimes Electronic: When Mechanical Shutter was used, there is a long delay between each Shot that makes up the HDR: Thus there would be movement between each shot, and the HDR is "unsharp" when zoomed to 100%.

I then chose Electronic Shutter, and the quality of the HDR is much higher (at 100%), closer to the Single Shot quality.  With Electronic Shutter the HDR was created "Instantly" with much shorter delay between each shot: Thus it would be less movement between the Freehant Shots! This is the Trick that I refer to in the subhect!

I also use Shutter Priority with the shutter set to 1/1000 second for all shots below.

Geir Ove

Panasonic FZ1000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow