Can Pentax be used professionally?

Started Aug 13, 2014 | Discussions thread
tcom Veteran Member • Posts: 7,406
Re: Can Pentax be used professionally?

JNR wrote:

3) Invest in enough back-up so that you always have an alternative option. This is the definition of professionalism no matter what brand you choose.

While I agree that you need a backup when shooting professionally, but this does also have limits...

Personally, I have backups for the cameras, a D4 as backup for a D4s, and now even the 645D as backup for the 645z. But I have no backups for the lenses.

If a problem occurs, I know Nikon will fix the camera/lens within a week thank to the great NPS service and if there is an urgency, I could even rent a camera or lens within a day or two.

But Pentax is a whole different story. At the moment, I am having an small issue with a 4 months old DFA645 90/2.8. I need it on a trip in five weeks from now, and guess what, the service adviced me to wait until I am back from the trip to send it in as the service will easily take at least 4-6 weeks. So, I will make the trip with a defective DFA645 90/2.8.

tcom's gear list:tcom's gear list
Leica M Monochrom (Typ 246) Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Pentax 645D Pentax 645Z Nikon D810 +29 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
SBS
SBS
SBS
SBS
SBS
JNR
JNR
SBS
SBS
SBS
SBS
SBS
SBS
SBS
SBS
SBS
SBS
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow