Metering and Color Differences D810/DF

Started Aug 13, 2014 | Discussions thread
OP AM4L Senior Member • Posts: 2,805
Re: Part 2

I am actually looking into it, I have an older i1 Pro setup, the upgrade is very costly. I do have the color checker so I will probably just use the DNG option. I don't do the whole Print my own thing anymore.

I have done all that before years ago, however, I am not necessarily sold on going that route. It's worth understanding OOC color first and how it impacts photos. I'll likely profile them and see how that fares as well and the decide if and when I want to use it. For a wedding it will be critical I calibrate them to match.

One of the nice things about the i1 tools is one can also color calibrate a lab.. Used to do it with Costco and people were amazed at the output off their Frontiers they were running.

With the aOlder Fuji's I just preferred Fuji OOC color. Both these cameras have interesting OOC colors..

Edit: I agree, the My DF is metering a little hot., probably set it -.3EV overall.

-- hide signature --

Find Your Mind Online!
Gallery BLOLG -
Book -

AM4L's gear list:AM4L's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S3 Pro Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Leica M Typ 240 Nikon Df Nikon D810 +29 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow