Previewing Panasonic G5 RAW files in Lightroom vs Windows: Windows shows more detail?

Started Aug 13, 2014 | Questions thread
kenw
kenw Veteran Member • Posts: 5,367
Re: Previewing Panasonic G5 RAW files in Lightroom vs Windows: Windows shows more detail?

Jonathan Michael Johnson wrote:

Maybe this is why I'm not all that impressed w/ my compositions lately.

Well then you are doing a bad job composing with the camera at the time of shooting. What LR is showing you is exactly what appeared in your EVF/LCD on the camera when you composed the shot. The LR corrections and liveview corrections are identical. What you did w/DxO is different from what the camera showed you. It is a little frustrating that LR doesn't give a bit more user control of distortion correction though.

Yes you can tweak the RW2 file to disable corrections. I've wrote some code a few years back to disable CA corrections in RW2 files because they are completely wrong of course for IR shooting. If I recall the trick to using exiftool was that it wouldn't modify tags it didn't know something about. But you can experiment and find the tags if you use its htmldump feature which gives the most amount of information in the most readable format in my opinion.

-- hide signature --

Ken W
See profile for equipment list

kenw's gear list:kenw's gear list
Sony RX1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Olympus E-M5 II Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +34 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow