Can Pentax be used professionally?

Started Aug 13, 2014 | Discussions thread
robbo d Senior Member • Posts: 2,651
Re: Can Pentax be used professionally?

SBS wrote:

baldeagle21b wrote:

You don't say if your wedding photography provides more that 50% of your income. If so, you are entitled to expedited professional level service and you should call the Ricoh Imaging USA office to get qualified.

1. This year, I will have shot 39 weddings (I've stopped taking on any more for 2014), plus numerous engagement/bridal, and event photo sessions. But, the income from photography is less than 51% of my overall income.

2. I have made this known to Pentax/Riccoh as well as CRIS via letterhead stationary, phone conversations, website listing, etc.

3. Should any consumer, professional or otherwise have to wait as long as I have waited for parts and service?

Nope..........

The reality will be, that you are one of very few trying to use Pentax DSLR's for pro work and whilst i'm sure they will want to improve things, it's going to be an area by area financial decision on service centres, trying to move forward, but with the unfortunate two steps forward around the world and the odd step back............ keeping good technicians busy and paid with enough work is obviously a struggle for Pentax.

Time for a Canikon ? Simple really, (although I'm sure some of their users will have the odd horror story as well), but they will be far better serviced due to greater numbers.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
SBS
SBS
SBS
SBS
SBS
JNR
JNR
SBS
SBS
SBS
SBS
SBS
SBS
SBS
SBS
SBS
SBS
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow