Is this proof of, "It's the photographer"?

Started Aug 10, 2014 | Discussions thread
Ontario Gone
Ontario Gone Veteran Member • Posts: 4,183
Re: Is this proof of, "It's the photographer"?

bford wrote:

tbcass wrote:

Speaking only for myself when someone posts a photo for critiquing I never comment on technical flaws visible at 100%.

Technical flaws that are small even at 100% can be easily visible even in small prints or small magnifications onscreen.

Agreed.

I don't complain about noise in the shadows or blurryness in the corners like some do unless they ask for it.

Unless they ask for it? Why would you withhold critique when that is exactly what they have asked for? It would be best to simply offer it and allow them to make their own judgment as to how important it is for their overall aim.

Some people want to make others happy, rather than offer real opinions.

I appreciate the photo for it's composition.

few photographers wouldn't want a camera system that produces less noise, sharper pictures and better dynamic range.

Unless they feed their ego by finding success with a minimalist camera that others could not. I think some guys think that way, that they are better than the rest because they are skilled enough to make due with lesser gear. It's an arrogance thing.

-- hide signature --

"Run to the light, Carol Anne. Run as fast as you can!"

Ontario Gone's gear list:Ontario Gone's gear list
Nikon D7000 Canon EOS 70D Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow