Comparison of: Zeiss Otus, Sigma 50 Art, Nikkor 58G, Nikkor 50/1.4G, Nikkor 50/1.8G

Started Aug 10, 2014 | Discussions thread
TQGroup
TQGroup Senior Member • Posts: 1,896
Re: Comparison of: Zeiss Otus, Sigma 50 Art, Nikkor 58G, Nikkor 50/1.4G, Nikkor 50/1.8G

Rick_Hunter wrote:

I was thinking about Voigtlander Nokton 58/1.4 - it's sharper than the nikkor wide open and it has very nice bokeh. It's also very well made (full metal build) and costs less than 1/3.

Now I know it's a MF lens... But I've just used it as an example that it is possible to make a lens that's reasonably sharp wide open, with good looking bokeh / good rendering and a reasonable price tag (I see no reason why the Voigtlander's optical formula couldn't be used in an AF lens, btw)

As for my 50/1.2 I am pretty sure that it would do a better job on that microphone head in the OP's test... Especially at the same aperture as the 58 (1.4)

Well, I'll have to accept your word for that. Unfortunately, I don't have much experience photographing microphone heads...

But people, that's another matter altogether. I'll let you guess where the better remuneration may be and why the Nikon 58 F1.4G is a money-making machine for those who know.

TQGroup's gear list:TQGroup's gear list
Nikon D500 Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 10-24mm f/3-5-4.5G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm F4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED +24 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
xtm
xtm
xtm
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow