Is this proof of, "It's the photographer"?

Started Aug 10, 2014 | Discussions thread
Ontario Gone
Ontario Gone Veteran Member • Posts: 4,183
Re: Is this proof of, "It's the photographer"?

Gato Amarillo wrote:

Ontario Gone wrote:

How do you know this? How do you know gearheads don't still care about the passion of the instant? Am i or the next guy, not capable of thinking of both at the same time? How can you know the minds of so many people you don't know?

I think one can judge from the comments in this thread that SOME gearheads are more worried about sharpness than content. Not all, but some.

You are probably right, but it's impossible to know how many or who. This is a gear review site. Claiming we know is like claiming a person you saw walking into a mobile phone store is a text message addict just bc they buy a phone. You have to consider the context of the situation. Hardware and performance numbers are far easier to break down than whether art looks good, which is my guess as to why discussing gear is so prevalent here.

Apparently the comment was not directed at you.

Well it may have been, whether he knew it or not. I discuss gear far more than content, for the reasons i mention to TBCass. I do consider myself a gearhead, in that i am very fascinated by the technology and i love using it. That doesn't mean im not into the content though. A person can be an "athelete" and a "scholar" at the same time. It is not up to anybody else to define me.

"Run to the light, Carol Anne. Run as fast as you can!"

Ontario Gone's gear list:Ontario Gone's gear list
Nikon D7000 Canon EOS 70D Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow