Is this proof of, "It's the photographer"?

Started Aug 10, 2014 | Discussions thread
Gato Amarillo Veteran Member • Posts: 5,566
Re: Is this proof of, "It's the photographer"?

Ontario Gone wrote:

Gray Drake wrote:

One can spend $50 on a sound system or $10,000. The electronics gearhead is analyzing the recording and delivery, but the art conscious listener is engaging the emotion of the artist. Most of the art is delivered in the lower end of the cost/technology range.

The passion of the instant, IMHO, is captured by the photographer for the art conscious viewer with most tools in the low end of the cost range, however, the gear heads are more worried about how to improve the focus of the left ear of the dog than how the passion of the instant is delivered in the photo.

How do you know this? How do you know gearheads don't still care about the passion of the instant? Am i or the next guy, not capable of thinking of both at the same time? How can you know the minds of so many people you don't know?

I think one can judge from the comments in this thread that SOME gearheads are more worried about sharpness than content. Not all, but some. Apparently the comment was not directed at you.

Perhaps im a gearhead, but perhaps i still care more about the art. Just bc i may spend some waking moments focusing on the "technical" aspects doesn't mean i ignore the art.

The struggle, for many of us, is to find the balance that serves our vision. Looking back on 40-some years in photography my great regret is that I put too much energy into technique and gear, and not enough into content.

-- hide signature --

"Run to the light, Carol Anne. Run as fast as you can!"

-- hide signature --

"We paint with our brain, not with our hands" -- Michelangelo
Portrait, figure and fantasy photography at Silver Mirage Gallery:
silvermirage.com

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow