Is this proof of, "It's the photographer"?

Started Aug 10, 2014 | Discussions thread
Ontario Gone
Ontario Gone Veteran Member • Posts: 4,183
Re: Is this proof of, "It's the photographer"?

MisterBG wrote:

Ontario Gone wrote:

I could argue the exact opposite with racing cars. No driver in the world will hit top times on any track with a 100bhp economy car. Each genre of endevors will have it's own threshold of equipment dependence, where photography is we cannot pinpoint, but i would guess it's somewhere in the middle. Is the camera as important as the car to the race car driver? Probably not. Is it more important than the brush to the painter? I think so.

But if ALL the drivers were in the same 100bhp economy car, the best driver would still win.

Slightly more than 100bhp, but identical cars:

Yes but in the competitive world of photography and photo sharing, we don't all use the same 100bhp car. I mean just look at the forums here, people ask for CC. Others freely offer it to whatever photo is posted. Heck we all critique our own work, deciding if it's worthy to save or if it should be deleted. The fact that every photo is filtered through somebody's judgement means that using a different camera just might make a difference.

So every photo is judged, and whether we like to admit it or not, we also judge the technical parts. If it's OOF, it might not be worthy. Each person simply has their own threshold of standard, for sure, but if you are trying to get a sharp in focus shot of your children playing in a park, a 70D will surely net more keepers than a P&S.

-- hide signature --

"Run to the light, Carol Anne. Run as fast as you can!"

Ontario Gone's gear list:Ontario Gone's gear list
Nikon D7000 Canon EOS 70D Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow