What does a blinking top LCD panel indicate on my 5D3?

Started Aug 9, 2014 | Discussions thread
hotdog321
hotdog321 Forum Pro • Posts: 18,165
Re: To all:

canon person wrote:

I do no have Magic Langern installed. When I shoot multiple images in a row, at time the camera appears to lock up and the top LCD blinks forever. I have to turn off the camera and wait a second and turn the camera back on. It is, to my knowledge not a buffer issue, because I use VERY fast CF cards. I had the same issue with my 5D2. It is bizarre and Canon can't offer an explanation.

-- hide signature --

Canon Person

I owned and used two 5D II and now two 5D III for years as a photojournalist. I've never experienced this behavior. My first thought was that it was a card problem.

Are you using the SD card slot? The SD slot is crippled on the 5D III but, of course, that is not a factor on the 5D II. I assume you formatted the cards in the camera. I format before every single assignment.

These fast cards--what cards are you using? That is the only thing I can think of. Good luck!

hotdog321's gear list:hotdog321's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM Canon EF 16-35mm F4L IS USM Canon EF 11-24mm F4L +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow