Help on choosing new lenses

Started Aug 7, 2014 | Discussions thread
jwilliams Senior Member • Posts: 2,640
Re: Help on choosing new lenses

A few thoughts.

The 40-150 is a very good lens for the money.  At the wide end it is excellant.  Really hard to believe it is as good as it is for the money.  In the middle 100mm, or so, it is good, but less so than at 40.  At 150 is is OK, but not great.  Since you already have the 45 you might not find a lot of use if you aren't satisfied with its performance on the long end.

The 75/1.8 is phenominally sharp.  I have to admit I don't use mine a lot, but I will often grab it instead of the 40-150 or 45-200 panny I have even if it is not long enough and just crop.  It is that good.  I'm not saying you could crop it to 200 and get more resolution, but I often prefer a really sharp picture with a little more ah 'environment' for lack of a better word than a medircore close up of whatever I am shooting.  Good long teles are what is lacking from m43s in my opinion, but the 75 is the best tele available by far even if it is not that long.

Hope this helps some.

-- hide signature --

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow