D7100: In Live View, why does focus square move on its own, with MF lens?
Lens: Zeiss 100mm f2
D7100 settings: Aperture priority, Live View on, & side AF dial is 'M'
Tried moving the red focus to the center of flower. After doing this, it might hold on the selected spot briefly, but instead locked onto a petal of a flower in the background with concentric yellow squares.
Concentric yellow squares signify facial recognition, which should NOT be active on a manual focus lens?
Have only seen this once today (1st time experimenting w. Live View on this lens), and MF works fine in the viewfinder with this lens.
Any ideas why Live View might try to use AF?
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%
|Flower in flower by atdigit|
from Random Items Challenge 26
|Surface tension by atdigit|
from Right in the middle
|A Normal Dat at Thomas's Clap 2016-9379 by Andrew Maltzoff|
from Show us SCHOOL!