RX100 III - overexposed images?

Started Aug 7, 2014 | Discussions thread
Indieke1 Contributing Member • Posts: 819
Re: contrast..

Interceptor121 wrote:

The second picture to my taste is better however seems like the tiles are too flat.

I would try the following:

1. Reduce sharpness and noise reduction probably to -2 or even -3

2. Reduce contrast only to -1

3. Increase saturation +1

And give it another go with Ev 0. The landscape setting enhances saturation and contrast compared to the standard profile so will look a bit ragged for the kind of shot you took

-- hide signature --

The contrast IS reduced to only - 1. I think that at - 0.3 lightening would been perfect instead of -0.7.  I did a lot of tests under different conditions. And for non landscape and in extreme conditions -0.3 is good for shadow, normal lightening. With a lot of light and bright skies, just go up to -0.7, leave contrast on -1. Also now I am practicing, and use more Jpeg, but when travelling use Raw en Jpeg. It easier to correct the picture when it is a bit too dark as second one, and using Jpeg is fine still.

Yes, pictures in this camera are a bit over-sharpened. But a lot of people like this, so if I put them like that, not many people will care and for my albums can lower them in Raw.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Marti58
MOD Marti58
MOD Marti58
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow