RX100 III - overexposed images?

Started Aug 7, 2014 | Discussions thread
Rick Evertsz
Rick Evertsz Regular Member • Posts: 267
Re: RX100 III - overexposed images?

lubej wrote:

Thank you to all of you for you detailed answers.

Now that I know that my camera is working just fine, I'm a lot more happy.

Yes, I will have to take camera out of iAuto mode and learn a lot more regerding photography.

Thank your for good advice on Superior auto mode. I will try it.

Do you post process every jpg image on pc/mac? I just don't have time to play with each image.

Rick Evertsz, I'm looking forward to see your M1 to M3 comparison.

If I understand you correcty, you will also do a7s vs M3 comparison?

Thank you.

I don't think I'd compare the m3 with the A7s; they're just TOO different. The reason for the double camera setup is that I have been filming live improv where I walk around the room capturing what's going on. I thought it would be cool to use the A7s to concentrate on an individual while still capturing what's going on behind him/her using the m3. I then have two pieces of footage to cut between when editing. Disclaimer: I'm very new to video, and this is just a hobby for me

Having said that, if the m3 turns out to be better than the A7s for some things (other than portability), I'll mention it here. I expect the m3 to be better at stabilised video, because the A7s doesn't seem to do it (from reading the manual; I still haven't received my camera). For filming my 18mth-old running around the room, the m3 might be a better tool: stabilised video and larger DOF. Only time will tell.

Rick Evertsz's gear list:Rick Evertsz's gear list
Sony RX100 III Sony Alpha a7S Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 24-70mm F4 OSS Sony FE 70-200 F4
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Marti58
MOD Marti58
MOD Marti58
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow