New to Capture One

Started Aug 1, 2014 | Discussions thread
jboyer Contributing Member • Posts: 811
Re: New to Capture One

Elandreth wrote:

ddoperalski wrote:

I've downloaded the trial for Capture One Pro and started playing around with the software and watching a few videos.

Watching a few videos is a good start. Phase One is a bit disorganized in their instructional offerings for C1, but here are the main ones, in case you haven't found them all yet:

The Image Quality Professor's Blog

Capture One 7 Imaging Software YouTube Playlist (short clips)

Capture One Pro 7 Webinars (each are about 1 hour long)

Capture One Help Site

and what place Capture One has in your work flow (I'm assuming you still take your photos into photoshop after).

For me, 90% of my photos don't need any more work after Capture One. That means it's not economical for me to buy Photoshop when I wouldn't be using it much. I had PS Elements for awhile, but only used it a few times. Instead, if I need additional tools beyond C1, I go to one of the many free programs I've downloaded, including GIMP, Hugin, and assorted others.

Same here. Rate the pictures, apply Auto Adjust, sometimes correct the Levels... and I am done.

-- hide signature --
 jboyer's gear list:jboyer's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM +4 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow