Fuji future sensor technology?

Started Aug 4, 2014 | Discussions thread
Canadianguy Senior Member • Posts: 1,492
Re: Fuji future sensor technology?

Also how long before the software companies catch up with RAW converters if there is a new foveon type sensor or any other type of new sensor that doesn't use a Bayer CFA?

Adobe has never supposed Sigma's Foveon sensor, people are still complaining about Adobe's support of the X-Trans CFA.

You will be stuck using the manufacturer supplied software and adding another step into your workflow.

You are going to be waiting a long time.

darngooddesign wrote:

Daniel Keutmann wrote:

darngooddesign wrote:

Daniel Keutmann wrote:

I heard rumors of canon and sony developing foveon-like sensors. If one of them should succeed in producing such a sensor with decent low light performance I fear that this would mean the end for the other companies (I own a dp merrill - in good light nothing can match it in terms of sheer image quality).

Is Fuji developing anything similar as well?

What do you find lacking about current Fuji low light images?

I do not find anything lacking about Fuji's low light performance. But similar low light performance in a foveon sensor would be too good to be true...

When Canikon develop their foveon sensor it's going on their flagship DSLRs first. So unless you plan on spending $3000+ on a body you're going to have to wait several years before a Canikon mirrorless gets that sensor. So, one or two years to finish the sensor, and two to three years for it to trickle down to a mirrorless camera. So that means around five years before that sensor ends up in a body you want.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow