RX100 III - overexposed images?

Started Aug 7, 2014 | Discussions thread
lancespring Veteran Member • Posts: 3,974
This same issue exists with many other Sony cameras

lubej wrote:

Hello

Do you find out that images you take are overexposed, skies are blown out ...

Is it possible that sony produced high end (and quite expensive) camera which matering works incorrectly?

If the answer is yes, do you think there is any chance that we will see firmware update which will fix this problem?

I'm not an expert but I think that changing default settings to correct this problem is wrong approach.Pictures should be fine with default settings!

For example, check out my album:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/gregorv/sets/72157645896739253/

For all pictures camera was set to iAuto mode.

that use a 1 inch sensor. I have to use exposure compensation when using both my Sony RX10 and AX100. If I do not, the exposure is usually overexposed.

I always set exposure compensation to at least a minimum of -.3 In direct sunlight, you will often need to use -.7

Skies being blown out is a common photography problem that has always existed. You can eliminate that problem when shooting in bright conditions by simply using a polarizing filter on your camera.

Photographers have been using polarizing filters for 75 years, ever since their invention by Edwin Land.  It is a most useful tool that ever good photographer should own.

lancespring's gear list:lancespring's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Nikon D600 +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Marti58
MOD Marti58
MOD Marti58
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow