fun fun fun?
I got my N1 V3 6 weeks ago. I got my D600 70 weeks ago. With the V3 I have already taken 1/3 the number of pictures I have taken with the D600.
What does this tell me?
1. I obviously haven't taken enough pictures with the D600. (Note I'm purely an amateur.) It's been in the shop 3 times, but only for 6 or 7 weeks total. To D600: When you get back home in a few days I'll take you out, I promise.
2. The V3 is new and cool. Hmmm, so was the D600 at one time.
3. The V3 takes pictures sickeningly fast. This is a blessing and a curse. I've formatted the card in-camera a number of times with hundreds of pix on it because I was playing with electronic shutter mode, or 10, 20 ... 60 continuous mode and I knew all the pictures sucked. I've never experienced this speed before. Someday I'll tame it.
4. Lots of folks don't like the form factor and the grip but the camera fits perfectly for me. It's comfortable and the controls are very good - I have no trouble adjusting what I need. I shoot mostly in M mode and the 3 main adjustments are quite easy to make.
5. The V3 is flat out fun. (This is my first N1 camera.) It's like a little sport roadster, maybe the original Mazda Miata if you liked that, or a Boxster, or whatever.
6. Some of the 1 Nikkor lenses are not only very good or even excellent picture-takers, but they have a nice techno feel and appearance to them. They look good and work well on the V3.
I think number 5 is a key. Ahh, the new and the novel. I expect my V3's shutter actuations to reach and surpass the D600's someday. And by then there will certainly be something new. I hope I can resist whatever it may be (V4? V5?) at least for a while. I should really follow some early advice I got: invest in lenses not bodies. But for now the V3 is a blast and is working great for this amateur.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%
|Flower in flower by atdigit|
from Random Items Challenge 26
|Surface tension by atdigit|
from Right in the middle
|A Normal Dat at Thomas's Clap 2016-9379 by Andrew Maltzoff|
from Show us SCHOOL!