Sharpness gain between D800E and D810...

Started Aug 5, 2014 | Discussions thread
Grig
OP Grig Senior Member • Posts: 2,255
Re: You know you're heading down a dangerous road

JimKasson wrote: I can get sharper images with the D810 than the D800E, especially with longer lenses, but I have to mount both on a tripod and use EFCS to tame first curtain shock.

Not my way of shooting for sure... But on the other hand - I can get a clear difference handholding with good zooms (trinity), even with 24-120 F4 between D800 and D800E... Honest!

If you're handholding, using studio flash, and/or using a zoom, save your money; the D810 won't give you materially more sharpness.

Well, this is what I was thinking too... D800 was pretty good focusing on static and slow moving subjects for me (no LV) and being sharper - D800E (replaced D600) will be a great companion for my old D800 when I need extra sharp nature shots... For studio - I will be using D800 for sure because of better moire handeling, but for everything else - D800E... (For my primary work though - Weddings - D3s bodies are still untouchable...

-- hide signature --

Real photography - it's just the ability to see what was already created by God!
www.grigphoto.com

Grig's gear list:Grig's gear list
Panasonic FZ2500 Fujifilm X-T2 Samyang 8mm F2.8 UMC Fisheye Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +11 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow