A7r - Unusual memory card event

Started Aug 5, 2014 | Discussions thread
Sony nex user Junior Member • Posts: 42
Re: A7r - Unusual memory card event

jpartlo wrote:

Hello - Yes, I couldn't imagine how such a thing is possible but I'm pretty sure it's the case. I tripod mounted my A7r and with each lens I took the same shot with each card using the same settings. I then downloaded the files to my computer and ran them through PS 6 with the same settings on each file and I was suprised to see that one card on every file displayed a slight blurring and the loss of fine detail. It doesn't seem possible but with three different lenses displaying the same effect on the one card I can't argue with what I'm seeing.

Regards

jim partlo

I would say the conclusion so far must be highly unlikely, if not impossible. If a card posseses some fault making the files somehow semi-corrupted, it would show as digital artefacts, not a general blur. For the card the picture files are just sets of numbers a la 00111010101010101001. How a techincal error manages to hit the exact right 0s and 1s so the result shows as a blurred image, must be so improbable that it in practice is impossible. Your experience so far makes you believe the card is the cause, but I would say it is much much more likely the the method and/or conclusion is wrong. However, I don't know what the correct conclusion would be.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow