Don't lie. How many camera systems do you own?

Started Aug 2, 2014 | Questions thread
viztyger
viztyger Veteran Member • Posts: 3,278
1.5 Camera Systems and an RX1

I shot with Micro Four Thirds for 3 years before switching to E-mount (first APS-C, then FF).

I still have a GM1 which I use with the Panasonic Leica 15/1.7 and the 8/3.5 fisheye, but I sold all my other mFT lenses as I was making the switch. Not really a very extensive system, nor one I use very much, so we'll count it as one half...

Now I shoot predominantly with an RX1, an A7R, 2 Sony FE primes and 2 manual focus primes (Voigtlander 20/3.5 and Canon FD 85/1.8).

I'm at the crossroads of deciding on which system I'll use in the future.

First of all, I insist on my gear being as light and compact as possible. I travel a lot and don't want be weighed down by my gear. My A7R kit is relatively compact, but still missing ultra wide and telephoto autofocus lenses. Sony's FE 70-200 is much too large and heavy, so I'm hoping for a modestly sized, short telephoto prime. I also need a compact ultra wide zoom or prime; it doesn't need to be fast, just good quality glass.

If by the end of this year I'm not able to put together a reasonably capable & compact kit of the 4 lenses I need, then I may go back to using mFT for peripheral focal lengths (wide and telephoto) while using the RX1 for my shots at a 'normal' focal length.

-- hide signature --
 viztyger's gear list:viztyger's gear list
Sony RX1 Sony Alpha a7R II Voigtlander 20mm F3.5 Color Skopar SL II Sony FE 35mm F2.8 Sony FE 55mm F1.8 +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
NCV
RC3
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow