Sony A58 just committed suicide
Hello. I accidently(more or less) inserted a normal micro-usb cable into the dc-in plub on the camera. the other end of the usb cable was plugged into a usbadapter to recharge phones from a normal wallmounted powerplug.
to my surprise that knocked out the camera.... then i started investigating the camera a bit more, it looks like the dc-in isnt entirely a microusb plug... but i ask myself two questions.
1. what is the point of making a dc-in powerplug on the camera that perfectly fits a normal micro-usb, and then make a camera that cant charge that way?
2. is it even realistic for the a usb cable, with its spec limits, to supply enough power to "shortcircuit" the electronics?
has any of you heard of this problem, and or if you can get away with getting a replacements. i must say that ive handled tons of electronic stuff, but never have i killed anything with a usb cable.
i hope to get som comments on this problem.
a dane without his camera:-/
- Fujifilm X-T223.6%
- Nikon D50025.4%
- Nikon AF-S 105mm F1.4E8.2%
- Olympus M.Zuiko 12-100mm F47.5%
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-G857.2%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art6.7%
- Sigma 50-100mm F1.8 Art5.1%
- Sony a63006.4%
- Sony Cyber-shot RX10 III3.7%
- Sony Cyber-shot RX100 V6.3%
|White Pocket Frozen Pond by evanrassbcglobalnet|
from Rock Pools
|The Rock. by SpartanWarrior|
from Sea colors