Sony A58 just committed suicide
Hello. I accidently(more or less) inserted a normal micro-usb cable into the dc-in plub on the camera. the other end of the usb cable was plugged into a usbadapter to recharge phones from a normal wallmounted powerplug.
to my surprise that knocked out the camera.... then i started investigating the camera a bit more, it looks like the dc-in isnt entirely a microusb plug... but i ask myself two questions.
1. what is the point of making a dc-in powerplug on the camera that perfectly fits a normal micro-usb, and then make a camera that cant charge that way?
2. is it even realistic for the a usb cable, with its spec limits, to supply enough power to "shortcircuit" the electronics?
has any of you heard of this problem, and or if you can get away with getting a replacements. i must say that ive handled tons of electronic stuff, but never have i killed anything with a usb cable.
i hope to get som comments on this problem.
a dane without his camera:-/
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%
|Sunflower Field by GrannyMeg|
from An impressionist piece
|Flag from Staten Island Ferry by wam7|
|Windswept juniper by Kreber|
from Wind power
|SAND SCULPTURE by duskman|
from Landscape - Black and White #4