Long Island costume shoot best of

Started Aug 4, 2014 | Photos thread
OrdinarilyInordinate
OrdinarilyInordinate Veteran Member • Posts: 3,684
Re: Long Island costume shoot best of

Raw Jaw wrote:

MikeVH wrote:

I posted some outtakes a couple of months back, these are some completed images. I took about 4300 images all weekend, of which 150 made it to post-processing.

My goodness. 150 out of 4,300?

You are a perfect candidate for a 4K video camera, with which you can shoot video at 60P of everything you encounter on a shoot, then look through your clips to grab Stills.

Personally I could not enjoy photography if all I got for PP was 150 out of 4,300 shots.

Heh, yeah, seems like a very small number of shots, but I think he meant shots that were great not only for colors and exposure and composition but also with a great human subject expression.  It's one thing to shoot stationary landscapes and another to shoot human subjects--it can take many photos to capture a great expression (or one if lucky, or none out of 20).  All photos here are of other people, so I can see why only a smaller number were considered truly worth it, judging by the artistic nature of these photos.

-

Great photographs--loved looking at them; thanks for sharing!

OrdinarilyInordinate's gear list:OrdinarilyInordinate's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow