Lens vs Camera: The FF APS-C Dilemma

Started Aug 3, 2014 | Discussions thread
captura Forum Pro • Posts: 25,809
Re: Stick with the NEX-7 - take your wife to Prague and Rome instead!

Mel Snyder wrote:

My suggestion: Unless you need high ISO, stick with the NEX-7, and stop reading the forum - it's giving you GAS.

You have a great camera and a fabulous lens collection - but its resale value is very poor. While I love my A7 and kit lens, I'm an MF fan, and if forced to buy FE lenses, there is NO WAY I would have upgraded from my NEX-6 - which I still own and use with my 16-50PZ, 16mm/UWA and 55-210.

I prefer to spend my money going places to shoot photos. For the thousands of dollars it would cost you to duplicate your APS-C collection in FE lenses for the A7, you could spend 2 weeks in Euope. Take your wife to Prague and Vienna and Salzburg, or Rome and Florence.

See the world through the EVF of your NEX-7. You will have the trip of lifetime, will bring back photos you will treasure. And wonderful memories.

That's my suggestion.

"Unless you need high ISO, stick with the NEX-7, and stop reading the forum - it's giving you GAS."

Do we need a forum for GAStronomical (food) photography?

Or perhaps a forum for dyspepsic photography? http://www.canstockphoto.com/images-photos/dyspepsia.html

captura's gear list:captura's gear list
Sony a7 Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow