Lens vs Camera: The FF APS-C Dilemma

Started Aug 3, 2014 | Discussions thread
captura Forum Pro • Posts: 25,805
Re: Lens vs Camera: The FF APS-C Dilemma

pixelpushing wrote:

Michael Everett wrote:

Thanks everyone for the responses. From what has been said I think I am better off forgetting about the A7, but as I have tried to explain in of the replies, I am still leaning toward the 6000. I must say my main problem is I the 7 is not an easy camera to give up. I am tempted to keep it, but I'm not sure how much I would actually continue to use it.

I think, rather than allowing the prevailing voice of a predominantly APS-C forum dictate what you get (or not), you should look at comparisons online, look at A7 Flickr images with the kit and with that Touit and other lenses you already have.

It seems to me that the loudest voices on this forum usually come from the large camera side.

Go someplace with an A7 and try it. Take a card with you, put shots on it with various settings. Maybe bring a lens or two and use those. Look at the pictures at home.

I'm not saying you MUST get one or you'll be sorry, but unless folks here have really used both, I'd take their 'you don't need it' line with a grain of salt. For one thing, only experience shooting with both formats can give you the right perspective. For another, nobody knows what best suits YOUR needs except YOU.

captura's gear list:captura's gear list
Sony a7 Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow