Will Pentax make a camera like Panasonic GH4?

Started Aug 2, 2014 | Discussions thread
Meuh
Meuh Veteran Member • Posts: 3,105
Re: Will Pentax make a camera like Panasonic GH4?

McSpin wrote:

MightyMike wrote:

I'm a photographer, video is just a waste of R&D and money, not important to me so i hope they focus more on photographers than videographer wannabe's, lets face it if video was so important then you'd have switched a long time ago or invested in something a lot more specialized to video. So ask yourself this, is your interest in video solid and long lasting or is it just a fad because its there?

Having great video is not a bad thing. You can always ignore the feature. Having inferior video means that Pentax will not sell as many cameras as it could with great video. Many of us use both video and stills and carrying two cameras instead of just one, is usually not very desirable. Of course, I hope Pentax follows with improved and competitive video so they can regain some market share and do better as a company. It will also be easier for me to not have to decide on buying another or different system. If Pentax can do it without too large of an investment, I'm sure they will.

I agree with McSpin.

Pentax could have sold a lot more camera's and even posibibly a good following of video guys if they had done a better job with video way back with the k5.

It wouldn't have too much either, manual controls and more FPS options and at that time it would have been a much more usable system and being smaller than the competition, weather sealed and every lens stabilized including primes it would have been hard to match.

Fast forward to the k3 and they added manual video, even a headphone socket yet removed the mechanical sr and shoved in a worse codec.

Its probably to late for them to play catch up now but still, a high quality weather sealed system with mechanical sr (add in auto horizon compensation for video) with a decent recording codec or clean hdmi out and they could still sell some.

If they didn't want to bother with video why even put a headphone port into the camera?

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow