PART 2- This Week Through YOUR m4/3 2014.08.02 -PART 2

Started Aug 2, 2014 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
brentbrent Senior Member • Posts: 1,986
Re: Chihuly Glass Exhibit - Denver Botanic Gardens

Florida Nature Photographer wrote:

A beautiful place beautifully captured. 3 & 5 stand out to me as jarringly ordinary in the series of outstanding photos.

Thanks for your comments. Yeah, I posted #5 just to show the piece. It's big, maybe 15 feet tall, with distracting background stuff from most vantage points. So far I haven't figured out anything interesting to do with that piece.

I tried to take a mix of shots that just showed pieces, and others that had a bit more environmental context. Personally I kind of like the composition of #3 as an example of the latter, but the image quality isn't the greatest. Here's another shot of that piece that perhaps you would prefer:

These shots are all from my first two visits to the exhibit, both of which were pretty rushed, intended more as recon missions than anything else. I'm figuring out what I can shoot with which lenses, and I plan to go back and take a bit more time.  The exhibit is here til November, and I hear it's nicely lit at night (open til 9 pm).

-- hide signature --

Brent

brentbrent's gear list:brentbrent's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +9 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
RC3
yyr
yyr
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow