Will Pentax make a camera like Panasonic GH4?

Started Aug 2, 2014 | Discussions thread
JimC1101
JimC1101 Contributing Member • Posts: 550
Re: Will Pentax make a camera like Panasonic GH4?

I dont know that it will be marginalized beyond exsistance, but it is true that there are many others who do look for the video capabilities when they choose thier DSLR. I still look at times on polls and such that seem to show that a moajority of Photo forums such as this one show that video ranges from a nice to have to a use R&D money elsewhere to get better stills. I never see video forums to see what they say in this subject but there must be such forums out there. To me, and this is my opinion, Photography is the focus, it has been the focus for years since the first film SLR's for Pentax, and I am happy that way. Video to me is a nice to have, sure the aperture changes in DSLR's is nice to use but I am usually just going to take a video of my vids on vacation or family things. They look good and people love them, but I am not trying to nor want to process Star Wars for it. M4/3 cams are ok but I want a photo....so I would never choose that. I looked at Olympus and moved on because of the high iso noise sucked. I think that all manufacturers are moving more to video and that is good for them, but I bought a camera to take pictures and stills, not videos.

-- hide signature --

Jim

JimC1101's gear list:JimC1101's gear list
Pentax K-70 Sigma 10-20mm F3.5 EX DC HSM Pentax smc DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL WR Pentax smc DA 35mm F2.4 AL Pentax smc DA 50mm F1.8 +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow