Color lens filter recommendations?
I've used the Hoya half colored screw-in filters and having learned the procedure to get the best results, I find they rarely fit the scene. It seems like I always have to frame and compose based on the filter, rather than use the filter to enhance the scene.
I always use Daylight white balance to avoid neutralizing or exaggerating the color, and even if I preset everything prior to adding the filter, they still seem prone to the color being heavier from one area to another.
After all the effort to get good results, I lost interest quickly. I think I'd do just as well or better hand-holding a Cokin or HiTech.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%