Fair price for my mft kit. Uk

Started Aug 1, 2014 | Discussions thread
Jim Salvas
Jim Salvas Veteran Member • Posts: 5,353
Re: Fair price for my mft kit. Uk

If you decide to sell the lenses on ebay, a few tips from a long-time seller of thousands of pieces of photo equipment:

1) Good pics are not enough. You have to make those lenses jump out at the prospective buyer. I use shaving mirrors to place reflections on the barrel of a lens and I make sure I have one from the front showing the coating reflection.

2) Of course, include photos from all angles, especially the rear of each lens and one looking right through those nice, clean optics.

3) Include one outstanding sample photo you shot with the lens. It doesn't really mean anything, but buyers love this.

4) Tell about why you're giving up the lens. In your case, you're going to FF. This makes the buyer understand there's nothing wrong with this particular lens, but it just won't be useful in your new system.

5) Offer free shipping, at least within your own country. It's a small extra cost for you and you will get it back from higher bids.

I just finished selling some lenses this way and I thought the bids were going too high! I was getting 90% of original retail value on some and even sold a garden variety 50/1.8 for more than its current NYC price.

It's called marketing.

-- hide signature --

Jim Salvas
"You miss 100% of the shots you never take." - Wayne Gretzky

Jim Salvas's gear list:Jim Salvas's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PM2 Olympus E-M1 Olympus PEN-F Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +11 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow