New to Capture One

Started Aug 1, 2014 | Discussions thread
gugarci Senior Member • Posts: 1,559
Re: New to Capture One

I've been using LR from the beginning. In fact I got LR 1 for free since I used to use Raw Shooter Essentials. When Adobe bought Raw Shooter from Pixmantecs they gave Raw Shooter license holders LR 1 for free.

I recently tried & bought C1P. When the price dropped to $149 i decided to try it because I think it's just a matter of time before LR is subscription only. Sorry Adobe I don't buy your line about LR always being available for purchase. For me the biggest surprise from C1P is the over-all look & quality of the out of the box raw images when I opened them with C1P. Not too mentioned the out of the box sharpening is so good that I don't need to sharpen as much. After using C1P for almost 2 months I get quicker & better looking results from C1P than I do from LR. Having said that I now mainly use C1P & I might not be renewing my current license to LR 5.6 which i just downloaded & installed recently.

gugarci's gear list:gugarci's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Sony a6000 Sigma 19mm F2.8 EX DN Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Sigma 30mm F2.8 DN | A +3 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow