Just got a 70D and 2 lenses to evaluate

Started Aug 1, 2014 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
SaltLakeGuy
SaltLakeGuy Forum Pro • Posts: 12,095
Just got a 70D and 2 lenses to evaluate

As I've stated on 2 other forums, dealing with equipment relevant to their locations, I've received a 70D along with the 18-135STM and the non STM 55-250 lenses for review. There are 2 vendors I work with that send me the gear to evaluate in order to determine if they should stock higher in that product or not. I just got finished with doing a Sony A77MkII and Panasonic FZ1000. I was so smitten with the FZ1000 I told the dealer he wasn't getting it back. Since his shipment was due in he allowed me to keep it and pay for it. I had to send the Sony back, and frankly got barbecued on the Panasonic forum for reporting a few things the Sony didn't do well. Such is the life of a messenger. So guys, be gentle. As soon as I've had some time to evaluate it I'll post my impressions. That's ALL it will be. I won't be making any damning statements per se. It's been a lot of years since I actually owned any Canon gear having worked with so many brands in testing and on rare occasion falling enough in love I had to shell out for it.

Ironically I'm also in the position where I'll be needing to replace a previously sold off system needing a setup that provide some professional results as on occasion I actually get paid for this service. So I'll keep ya'll up to date once this friggen battery gets charged. It's taking forever.

-- hide signature --

Panasonic FZ1000 Camera, B+W MRC Nano ND-Vario ND Filter, B+W MRC Circular Polarizer, Panasonic's DMW-FL360L, Picturecode PhotoNinja, LightZone, Rawtherapee, Adobe Lightroom 5.5

SaltLakeGuy's gear list:SaltLakeGuy's gear list
Sony RX10 III Epson Stylus Pro 3880 +5 more
Canon EOS 70D Panasonic FZ1000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow