Sigma 105mm vs. Tamron 90mm
I'm considering the Tamron 90mm macro lens (old version without VC) and just now noticed there's also a Sigma 105mm macro, an older version without OS (I only knew about the newer OS version).
I usually use a Nikon 55mm f/3.5 manual focus lens and want another, longer macro lens. I think the extra 15mm might be helpful, especailly with these lenses which extend when focusing.
My impression is that both lenses are ver ysharp, but the Sigma might actually be sharper?
Are there any other significant (or not so significant) differences between these lenses?
Main two things I'm interested to know are:
1) What distance is the subject from the end of the lens at 1:1 magnification?
2) How good is the manual focusing in comparison with a lens like the 55mm MF Nikon I mentioned?
|Post (hide subjects)||Posted by||When|
|Jul 30, 2014|
|Jul 30, 2014|
|Aug 1, 2014|
|Aug 2, 2014||1|
|Aug 2, 2014|
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%
|Flower in flower by atdigit|
from Random Items Challenge 26
|Surface tension by atdigit|
from Right in the middle
|A Normal Dat at Thomas's Clap 2016-9379 by Andrew Maltzoff|
from Show us SCHOOL!