After two years, what you think of your OM-D E-M5 ?

Started Jul 29, 2014 | Photos thread
lambert4
lambert4 Senior Member • Posts: 2,313
I feel like I am still in the honeymoon phase...

That being said I pre ordered and was fortunate enough to have received it fairly quickly compared to some others.  The battery issue is still there, but a known trade off for size constraints.  The lack of fill flash or on board remote firing of slave flash without the clip on.  And the 1/4000 shutter speed limit, but these were all known spec's.  I still get as much pleasure using it and while there are always newer more gadget loaded models coming out I have a feeling this camera will be in my bag for years to come.  I do hope the next iteration has the pop up flash of the E-M10 as well as the shutter speed of the EP5 and EM1 and the other bells and whistles wouldn't hurt.

I would guess I have 40,000 shutter actuations and not a single glitch or mistake that wasn't directly attributed to my errors.

-- hide signature --

Here's to learning something new everyday, and remembering it the next.

lambert4's gear list:lambert4's gear list
Nikon D500 Sigma 10-20mm F3.5 EX DC HSM Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm F4G ED VR Tamron SP 150-600mm F/5-6.3 Di VC USD Nikon 35mm F1.8G ED +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
grm
(unknown member)
NCV
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow