Advice for not missing anything in Washington DC

Started Jul 27, 2014 | Discussions thread
photosen Veteran Member • Posts: 6,077
Re: Advice for not missing anything in Washington DC

Well... There are quite a few museums to see, and the monuments around the mall... But not much else. I think there's a Concorde at Dulles? Might make you go all cocoricó! The metro is still one of the best and good for wide angle shots. You could also walk around the NW part (M street and Wisconsin Ave I seem to remember) but it's probably going to look very normal to you.

Catching the golden and blue hours at the monuments might be interesting, to get a few details, like the change in marble at the washington monument, but everything dies after the bureaucrats go home at around 5 PM - although that in itself might be an interesting experience, in an eery way.

Potomac mills deserves its own "I went to this giant mall and survived" t-shirt, I hope you'll be driving there, it takes 3 or 4 hours to cover it, without a car it's a whole day affair, but deals can probably still be found. There's a more normal and more easily reachable by metro mall at Pentagon City, for those things you might have missed.

photosen's gear list:photosen's gear list
Canon EOS 30D Canon EOS 70D Canon EF 35mm F2.0 Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF-S 10-22mm F3.5-4.5 USM +3 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow