>>> Street Photography eXchange #110 <<<

Started Jul 27, 2014 | Discussions thread
OP xtoph Veteran Member • Posts: 9,871
reprise from spx 109

the previous thread filled up a bit faster than i anticipated, so i wanted to answer a few questions from there, here. [i'm on the road with limited internet access and time, unfortunately, even for photography--i lost my shooting callouses last week. sad, should have snapped a phone photo of my peeling index finger and thumb…]

regarding 'no left turn', to answer the what-why questions, the photo was from may day protests in seattle earlier this year. there was a lot that went on that day, most of it with no relation to this scene, but as has become traditional, the protests ended up converging towards the cap hill precinct police station in the late evening, and people started a bonfire which lasted about an hour or so, before riot police moved in and fire put it out. (actually this happened twice; they restarted it after the first extinguishing.)

the previously posted photo has been heavily color corrected already; lighting there was narrow-spectrum sodium, so i was surprised to get the color this good. my default representation for that sort of scene is a more realistic processing that shows the yellow/gold color of the light plainly, as below:

anyone who really wants to can peruse a much longer set from the whole mayday here .

hope that is interesting/satisfying as an answer. i appreciate all the comments.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
fad
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow