First shots with Sigma 50mm F1.4 ART on D800

Started Jul 26, 2014 | Discussions thread
dave gaines
dave gaines Veteran Member • Posts: 9,183
RAW Conversion with D800

RSchussel wrote:

Stacey

Please don't be so ___. ... Although the conversion may alter the image slightly most people would not be able to detect it. For inquiring minds Nikon Transfer2 and Nikon Capture NX2 was used.

I attended a presentation of the new Nikon D810 at my local camera store last week by Nikon national Sales Rep', Paul Allen. If you ask Nikon whether all RAW conversions are the same they will tell you that only Nikon's conversion software, NX2 or now NX-D are going to render accurate colors. Paul explained that even Adobe Camera RAW is a compromise due to the number of cameras it must serve.

I think in a convoluted sort of way, Stacey was asking what conversion software you used to process the images. "Inquiring minds want to know".

You are a classic PEEPER ,more concerned about minutiae than the Gestalt.

That's not the Stacey we all know. Low blow RS.

Thanks for posting the portrait and crop, BTW. The comments and replies could be interesting if we don't try to bash other people's opinions.

-- hide signature --

Dave

dave gaines's gear list:dave gaines's gear list
Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Olympus E-330 Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED +7 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow