A digital printer's "Bible"

Started Jul 22, 2014 | Discussions thread
soloryb Senior Member • Posts: 2,314
Re: A digital printer's "Bible"

ADMint wrote:

soloryb wrote:

ADMint wrote:

soloryb wrote:

I've seen the Steinmuller book advertised on Amazon and it received mostly good reviews. One reviewer indicated that a weakness of the book was that it concentrated too much on printing out of Photoshop. I take it that means scant attention is paid to LR, QImage, etc.? Did you find this to be so?

soloryb

He does go into some of those as well, especially LR, but yeah the default is PS since it dominates the market place. Anyway they get mentioned.

-- hide signature --

New to this forum, not to forums!

I ordered the book this morning reasoning that I already know how to print from PS - even if I much prefer printing out of LR. It never hurts to learn something new and useful.

soloryb

Yeah but it's more than printing, it's about getting the best out of your prints. That's the key. We all know how to print, we don't all know how to get the best print. This is where Uwe's book comes in.

Good luck, and let me know what you think when you get it.

Peace.

-- hide signature --

New to this forum, not to forums!

I will eventually post what I think of it but it will be a while.  Right now I'm working my way through another new book: "Color Management & Quality Output: Working with Color from Camera to Display to Print", by Tom P. Ashe. I'll start the Steinmuller book as soon as I can.

soloryb

soloryb's gear list:soloryb's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF Fisheye-Nikkor 16mm f/2.8D +9 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Don
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow