Jim Salvas Veteran Member • Posts: 5,527
Re: I want to go back and reshoot all of my 6x6 pics

Just another Canon shooter wrote:

Jim Salvas wrote:

Jim Salvas wrote:

Jim Salvas wrote:

I just never thought about this equivalence thing when I was shooting medium format film. All if my old Hasselblad photos would have been so much better if I knew that my film speed was lower and my lenses were faster. Darn!

Equivalence was thinking about you nevertheless. What f-stop were you using? Did your prints show less noise? Did you miss the f/1.4 FF lenses? How often did you shoot with 16mm FL?

A vast majority of people take photos without thinking about exposure, f-stop, etc. What does it say?

It says we don't need to argue about equivalence. We just need to understand and shoot with the equipment we have. All of thus arguing makes no photo better. It's just something for the engineer-type gearheads cameras (not photography) attract.

Perhaps you can answer #6 here then. I guess you will suggest buying all those cameras, using them extensively with a lot of trials and errors, and then decide which one to keep?

Well, I certainly would not use such a limited set of criteria when choosing a camera. It would be as stupid as choosing only on the number of megapixels. Of course some people do that and camera salesmen have long loved using the numbers. Just because you can create a false choice does not mean I have to choose that way.

You are dodging the question.

I'm not dodging it. I'm calling it a stupid, contrived question. You missed that?

-- hide signature --

Jim Salvas
"You miss 100% of the shots you never take." - Wayne Gretzky

Jim Salvas's gear list:Jim Salvas's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PM2 Olympus E-M1 Olympus PEN-F Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +11 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tko
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow