What is equivalence good for?

Started Jul 25, 2014 | Discussions thread
Just another Canon shooter
Just another Canon shooter Veteran Member • Posts: 4,691
Re: What is equivalence good for?

mostlyboringphotog wrote:

I believe once somebody reads about it (either Joe's essay or the recent dpreview article), then he/she would not need to ask over and over again. Well, those forums prove me wrong...

Because you're a smart guy, you wonder why would anyone need to ask any question - just google it or look up in the dictionary... If you take a bit kinder attitude, you will see that people like to have their hands held because it's not just the technology and technical fact that they want.

You misrepresented my words. I was wondering why would anybody ask a question over and over again after an answer has been provided, and after the answer is as simple as that: just multiply three numbers (F-stop, FL and ISO) by the crop factor. If they want to know why - just tell them to read one of the sources I mentioned or explain it.

Just another Canon shooter's gear list:Just another Canon shooter's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EF 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye Canon EF 35mm F1.4L USM Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Canon EF 135mm F2L USM +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tko
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow