Processing RX100ii Raw Files
I am sorry if this has been raised before, but as a recent convert to the RX100ii, I have the issue to solve of processing its RAW files and converting them to JPEGs.
I run Photoshop Elements 10 and I knew beforehand that it would not recognise these RAW files. I have downloaded the Adobe software which will convert them to its own .DNG format which PSE10 will accept. Now, no-one expects RAW files to be small, but the converted .DNG files producedf by the Adobe conversion program are huge, getting on for three times the size of those coming directly from the camera. Is this normal?
I would be very grateful for some advice please.
- Am I doing anything wrong that causes the converted .DNGs to be so big?
- Although I am not keen to invest in another PSE update, (I am not sure that it would run on my ancient laptop anyway!) is there a version of PSE which would accept RX100ii RAWs (PSE11 or 12)?
3 Is there another way for me to process the camera's RAW files in bulk? (I have looked at and rejected Sony's RAW converter on account of speed.)
|Post (hide subjects)||Posted by||When|
|Jul 25, 2014|
|Jul 26, 2014|
|Jul 26, 2014|
|Aug 3, 2014|
|Aug 4, 2014|
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%