Using Olympus EPM2 with m.Zuiko 12-40/2.8 Lens

Started Jul 16, 2014 | Discussions thread
m3th0s New Member • Posts: 2
Re: Using Olympus EPM2 with m.Zuiko 12-40/2.8 Lens

I currently have both of these camera bodies and the lens you note. I thought you might want to see how the setup looks like together (I have a VF-3, but not attached in this shot). In my mid-sized hands, this feels light still, not badly balanced or unstable once you bring your eye to the viewfinder area.

EPM2 with m.Zuiko 12-40/2.8 lens (not extended)

Bach65 wrote:

I'm planning to take photographs of my stepson's upcoming wedding but due to budget constraints I will not be able to purchase an EM1 (hopefully a future acquisition) and the m.Zuiko 12-40 PRO lens so I'm considering getting just the lens at this time. I do have an EPM2 but I'm concerned about the handling/ergonomics of the 12-40 on such a small body. Does anyone have experience with this set-up? I'm also considering purchasing the VF-4 viewfinder as I'm assuming bracing the camera to my face will improve the stability (plus I'd rather compose/focus using a viewfinder). Any suggestions and/or feedback would be greatly appreciated.

m3th0s's gear list:m3th0s's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Nikon D80 Olympus PEN E-PM2 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6G ED-IF +6 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow