Canon IPF 8300s won't read Ink Cartridge
Photo Gray ran out, replaced it, the red light that indicates that you've loaded the cartridge doesn't light up. Thought it was a bad chip on the Gray, so I got a different one.... won't light up, won't acknowledge that I replaced the cartridge. Yes, I placed it in firmly, I've loaded cartridges in this thing hundreds of times. Nothing is different.
I don't have any specific knowledge about the Canon IPF8300, but one thought crossed my mind:
Was the cartridge you removed really empty or was it just shown to be empty by the software? You could weigh the cartridge and compare it to a known empty cartridge to determine if it is really empty. This would give you some insight into where the problem might be.
I hope someone with knowledge of the IPF6300 will chime in.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%