Size file option "stuck" in Oly omd em10, any ideas why?

Started Jul 15, 2014 | Questions thread
OP necamo New Member • Posts: 11
Re: Size file option "stuck" in Oly omd em10, any ideas why?

pcb_dpr wrote:

Hopefully the camera isn't broken, and the shop can sort it out for you. Typically a grayed-out menu option indicates the current camera settings won't allow use of that option, in this case shooting in raw. If a full reset doesn't fix the problem, that might indicate a mechanical control setting needs to be changed. But the EM10 control set is fairly simple, and I can't see or imagine any lever/switch/etc you could set that would preclude shooting in raw.

Usual suspects in this scenario would be drive mode settings, like a super high speed mode or bracketing/HDR modes. All absent on your EM10 body...

Please let us know what you find out.

necamo wrote:

I would just reset to factory settings. Then if it doesn't work you will know it's broken. I agree that it has something to do with the RAW settings.

I reset it already, still doesn't work. I'll bring it to the shop, it's really brand new...

Thanks for the feedback, and thanks to all that took their time!

I brought it back to the shop and should hear about it soon. I'll post when I know what the cause was.

necamo's gear list:necamo's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX230 HS Olympus PEN E-PL3 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:2.8 Pancake Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R +4 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow