A77 II First Outing...

Started Jul 24, 2014 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
RacingManiac Contributing Member • Posts: 687
A77 II First Outing...

So after 6 years with A700 I finally decide to jump to a new SLT. A77II seems like a good option. The price is right, the fast AF is what I am looking for since I like shooting fast moving cars. I also get a lot of chances to do it since every autoX I participate I get to shoot them too. This last weekend was a double header weekend so I get a good chance to shake down the camera that I took delivery literally the night before...

First impression, the camera is fast, much faster than A700. The new Lock on flexible something something AF is super awesome. My A700 was a good jump from my KM 5D before, but with the lenses I have its still struggles a lot of the time when shooting car racing, my hit rate is maybe 1 in 5-6 shots to get a well focused shot. Now its about 1 in 3-4, and you can shoot faster with this. Now the control takes some getting used to, buttons are not where I expected them to be yet. EVF was a bit different, but I like that now I can wear my polarized sunglasses while using C-POL. Battery life doesn't seem worse. I still need to get the vertical grip though. 6 years of progress certainly seems worth it...

Now some pics..all shot handheld with 70-400 G

EDIT: The color looks kinda strange on this forum...hmm

-- hide signature --

Maxxum 7
KM 5D
Sony Alpha 700
Sony Alpha A77 II

Canon EOS 5D Sony a77 II Sony Alpha a7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow